Full guide coming soon…
This HowTo guide is for you, the DIYer looking to showcase your creative works online by starting your very own WordPress blog, and building it yourself.
No need to pay for expensive hosting, web design, or website development. Unlike many guides you see out there, there are no affiliate links here.
Only time-tested, proven methods, tools, and suggestions, so you can start publishing, start networking, and start making money.
Every nugget of wisdom here comes from interviewing dozens of creative professionals who have published thousands of DIY blog posts, and made part-time and full-time incomes from doing what they love every single day.
You’ll learn how to:
- Start blogging and publishing regularly (consistency is everything)
- Stop overthinking trivial matters that prevent most bloggers (imperfection is key)
- Finish building a well-rounded website, all by yourself, in true DIY fashion with only essential WordPress themes and plugins (form follows function)
- Start promoting content, and become known for your areas of DIY expertise
- Avoid making career-ending mistakes by learning from highly experienced professionals who were once in your shoes
Why Start a DIY Blog?
Why do you DIY?
Why do your readers DIY?
Why would you enjoy blogging?
Why would someone visit and re-visit your site?
Blog Essentials: What every Professional DIY blogger needs
Blog and domain name
Logo & Branding
WordPress blog theme (free, premium, or custom)
Your first DIY blog post
An “About” Page (or even better, a “Start Here” page)
Blog Home page
Blog Photography (Unique images and videos)
Bonus: Social media accounts and email newsletters
Blog plugins & functionality
No developers needed: Lifesaver plugins every blogger needs to accelerate growth
DIY Blog Success Stories
Tauni Everett, starter of TauniEverett.com
Ashley Johnston, starter of MakeIt-LoveIt.com